Sunday, February 28, 2010

In order not to fall off the blogging wagon only the second day of my attempt at being a regular blogger, here I am. I don't have anything significant to blog about tonight. I did have a good day, although, not nearly as productive as I had planned. My intentions were to get up and moving early and then get a lot accomplished today. I did wake up early when Kristen came in to let me know she was leaving to go to a ministry project she helps with. After she left, Milo was awake and was whining at our door for Maggie to come out to play with him. I tried to ignore it, but it wasn't so easy for Maggie to ignore and she was soon up and ready to go out. I finally couldn't ignore them anymore and got up. I made some coffee and thought I would get busy after drinking a cup or two. I did start some laundry and pick up a bit but then decided I should go ahead and shower and get ready to run to the library to return some overdue books and also pick some up that I had on hold. Momo and Ian went with me and we had fun together and had a neat conversation on the way. It makes me sad that Momo and Ian don't remember my mama and never met my daddy. I try hard to at least keep the memory of them alive for the kids and let them know that Grandma and Grandpa would love them so much. Anyway, back to the conversation....I love when the kids bring my parents up in conversation and that is what happened. They started asking questions about them, I don't really even remember what started it all but I answered the questions...which as is usually the case, brought more questions. They asked what my daddy's name was so I told them he would have been their Grandpa Bill. Momo asked if his name was Bill and I explained that he was called Bill but his real name was William. Well, when Ian heard this, he was quick to tell me that William was part of HIS name. I tried to explain to him, that he was named William after his Grandpa. He thought that was pretty neat so I went on to tell him that his Uncle John John also had William as a middle name. He got a funny look on his face and said, " You mean John John is copying me!!" I just had to giggle, it was so cute. I am sure there will be more snippets of my conversations with the kids here, or just cute things they say. I always say, I need to write some of the things they come up with down but never do. I am going to try to be better about that.

OK, back to my day. After the library, we stopped at Lowe's for just a second but they didn't have the firewood we were looking for so we headed to Walmart for a couple things. That of course ended with me leaving too much of our bank account there than I had intended to. We came home and Momo and Ian went out to play. Kristen went out to eat with some friends. Aaron and Heather wanted to play some games so we played Scrabble and UNO. That is always fun. Randy grilled some chicken and we all ate and just spent the rest of the night hanging out together. Kristen treated me to a pedicure when she got home. I am still trying to get that laundry finished but I think it is going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I am really excited about the youth leaders conference I am going to in Orlando. I have heard it is a great trip and I know we will have a great time. I am looking forward to it being a renewing time as well. There is just something about getting away and hearing someone new that seems to bring a spiritual renewing. It has been a rough week in some ways and I need to regroup and refocus, especially concerning some things with the youth. I am hopeful, this will come in the next couple days. I am sure I will update more about that as the conference happens.

This has gotten longer than I expected it would but I really wanted to share my day. Like I said, there was nothing really significant or exciting that happened but it was just an overall "happy" day. It is days like this that I love and am so thankful for. I feel so blessed for the life I have.

It is late and I am getting sleepy. I am heading to bed so we can get up in time for church in the morning. We will be hitting the road around 2PM tomorrow afternoon but I will try to post a quick update tomorrow night from the hotel.

No comments: