Saturday, February 27, 2010

Reminiscing and a New Beginning

WOW! I haven't posted here in forever. I occasionally click on this blog but quickly click away again...thinking, one day I will get back to it. As you can see, it hasn't happened. Until tonight that is. It is late and everyone is settled down and most of my family is sleeping. Ian is still up since he took a very late nap, but he is being quiet and watching T.V. I also took a nap this afternoon so I am not really ready to go to sleep yet. As I was going through all the blogs I normally read, I decided to look at this one. I went back to the very beginning, when I first started blogging here and I must say, I didn't think it had been that long ago. I ended up reading through all of my old posts. It turned into one of the times, when I just stop and reflect on my life......where I've been, what I've done, where I am now and what I have become and sadly I have to admit some things I haven't become. Some of these are good things, some are not so good....but all together, they make up my life and who I am. It also was a reminder of how things have changed but at the same time, how some things are still the same. I find myself falling into the rut of daily life, not really taking hold of every moment and in the end, missing out on life itself....the important things of life.

I am going to attempt to get back to blogging more, even if it is a simple note saying I am here and haven't disappeared again, I will post something. I doubt anyone even remembers I had/have this blog but I am doing this more for myself. I want to use this as a tool to keep myself accountable, a place to let my feelings and thoughts pour out, a place to vent, a place to rejoice, a place to think, a place to praise....really just a place to be whatever I need it to be on any particular day. I can't promise I will produce mind blowing or life changing posts, but I can promise I will be honest and real. I won't pretend to be something I am not, nor will I profess to have it all figured out. I will however.......promise to be Just Me............

I realize this is probably sounding like just a bunch of babble......but, I needed a new starting point and this is it. Here is to a new beginning........................

No comments: