Thursday, May 31, 2007

Just some random thoughts....

In the midst of paying bills yesterday, and feeling myself getting more and more depressed over things, I had to remind myself to stop trying to handle things on my own. I think being a woman, (or at least a woman who likes to have things under control), this is a hard thing to do. It is so hard to "let go" of situations and truly let God have my problems, to lay my burdens at His feet and hand over the reigns so to speak. You know how that superwoman instinct kicks in, and the "I CAN DO THIS ON MY OWN" attitude strikes. So, the longer I sat there and stressed and worried and tried to figure things out, the harder it became, there didn't seem to be a solution. I laid my papers and pen down for a minute and made myself stop to pray........while I was praying, I had a vision of Jesus carrying the cross. WOW!! It never ceases to amaze me how God speaks. Here I was....trying to carry the load, trying to *carry my cross* when all I have to do it turn to the Lord for He has ALREADY carried that cross for me!! I know, this isn't the typical comparison of Jesus carrying the cross....but at that moment yesterday it was the perfect reminder to me that I don't have to do this alone, that Jesus is right there, and willing to help me carry the burden, whatever that burden may be, He is there, all I have to do is let him.

Thank you Jesus for carrying the cross when I feel like I can't go on another step. Thank you Lord for being there to carry the load when I have crumbled under the load. Thank you God for showing me again there is hope and that hope ONLY comes from my Father in Heaven.

No comments: