Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

This morning I am praising the Lord, thanking Him for allowing me to be a mother. What a blessing to be entrusted by God to care, nurture and raise these 4 children! Although Mother's Day brings me great sadness, I also know I have so much to be grateful for too. I have so much joy in being a mama. If I am known for one thing when my days on earth are gone, I pray that one thing is that I was a great Christian mama to my kids. I want my children to see Christ's love in me and flowing from me. I want them to always know I love them and I am so very proud to be their mama. Each of them are so special to me for each one is a true miracle, a gift from God. I pray that I can raise them to be Godly people who are strong in the walk with the Lord. I pray they will live within God's will for their lives and not stray from the path He has planned for them. I want them to know that they will always be loved.
My prayer this morning is that God will help me stay focused on all the blessings I have been given. I want to spend the day reflecting on His greatness and His beauty. I want to sing praises to my Lord for so giving me so many reasons to be happy, so many gifts to be thankful for. I am so glad that I can find comfort knowing that I can lay my sorrows at the feet of Jesus and find happiness and peace in and through Him.

Also today, even through the tears, I will praise the Lord for giving me the wonderful mother I had. I want to praise Him for the years I had with her and for the eternity we will one day have together again!! Oh what a day that will be when we reunite. Until then, I know there will be sad times and more tears, but I am so thankful that He promises us eternity. I am so blessed to be able to say my mother was also my friend. I have so many memories that I will hold dear to my heart and give thanks to the Father for those treasures that will always keep her near. I recieved this verse in an email this morning "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name" (Isaiah 45:3). Indeed, I have treasures in the darkness, the memories I hold in my heart will forever be my treasures.

1 comment:

Alice C. said...

Sorry I didn't call you yesterday, my friend! I was thinking of you, though, and how hard a day it must be for you. I think you are a great mom, and you have a great example in the memory of your mom, too!