Thursday, April 19, 2007

Answers to prayer..

I wasn't going to blog this but the longer I sit here and think about it, I know I should. After all, aren't we supposed to praise God in ALL things, not just the big things? So, the other day I posted how I have been feeling stressed, this stress is coming strictly from financial issues. Yesterday started off in a not so good way, more financial thing and I was extremely stressed, to the point that I was just ready to explode. I was at a loss at what to do to "fix" things. Of course, the problem here was that *I* was trying to fix it, just me, alone.......not a good solution. I had to go to coop, so I just left saying, I will deal with things when I get home. While driving to coop, I started thinking about what to do, and the only solution I came up with was PRAY, just turn it over to the Lord and let HIM show me the answer. Then, when we got to coop, our little devotional we have, was about turning things over to God 100%, not holding on, and trying to do things within our own power. So, that was my answer, I just prayed and said Lord, please show me what to do, show me how we are going to work this out. I went on about my day in a much better way after that point. I tried hard to really let go and let GOD!! Now, on to the REALLY good stuff. When I got home, I logged on to our checking account to take another look....well, I couldn't believe when the check ( a rather large one) that I thought had not cleared, and there wasn't enough money for it to clear, had in fact cleared!! I don't know how I missed it when I had checked earlier that morning, but it had gone through none the less. I immediately, thanked the Lord!! As if that wasn't enough, He did more!! Randy was supposed to have a gig to play Friday night and then found out it was cancelled. We were counting on that money from the gig to help out and were kind of bummed that it fell through. Well, after we came home from church last night, the phone rang and not only did they want them to play Friday night, but now they want them to play Saturday night as well!!! I just can't say how encouraging it was for these blessing to arrive. I know this may not seem like a huge deal to some, and maybe even petty to others, but I don't care. In the place I am right now, so wanting to surrender my life back to Christ and be living the way I need to be, this was a huge blessing. I know without a doubt, if I hadn't prayed and wholeheartedly given this situation over, the outcome would not have happened like it did.
I just want to jump up and down and say PRAISE THE LORD for he is AWESOME!!!

Philippians 4:6 -7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus

2 comments:

Alison said...

Amazing hun!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are taking a turn for you Chandra! I agree Praise God!
Becka