Wednesday, April 11, 2007

One of my greatest gifts.....

Sitting here drinking my coffee this morning, the house is quiet still but not for much longer I am sure. We will be on the go shortly. Anyway, I was just sitting here thinking about how I have been blessed in so many ways. It is so easy to get side tracked and take things for granted, I am talking about the every day things that tend to go unnoticed more often than not. Today, I am so thankful for Randy. I know I don't tell him enough and I am trying to get better about that. He works so hard to take care of us and is always trying to do things to make sure we are happy. I am so blessed to have him as my life partner, my hubby, my best friend and my honest to goodness soul mate.
I still like to think about the first days after we met, how excited I was, how I couldn't wait for him to get home, just see his face, hear his voice and feel his arms around me.......and the greatest thing is.....after almost 14 years, I am still feeling the same way. One of my most favorite things in this world is to just curl up in his arms and forget about everything else for just a minute or two. He was my knight in shinning armour then, and he still is. I feel just as excited now as I did when it all began.
I love the way Randy can always make me smile, even when I don't want him to. He can always make me feel better when life just has me down. He is excited with me when I am excited and will cry with me when I just feel like crying.
Yes, there have been hard times, and times that we could have done without, but even then, we knew we would make it through together and we have done just that! I am so proud to say we are still together, when so many people thought it would never last. Today when it seems so many people don't think marriage is important and so easily "give up" just because, it makes me really realize what a special thing we have. It is so nice to know, whatever happens, good or bad, at the end of the day, I know Randy is there for me.
Randy is such a good papa to our kids too. He doesn't think twice about playing with them or doing something silly just to make them laugh. I think that fall right up there as one of my favorite things too.....seeing him play with the kids or just snuggling one of them just makes my heart melt. I could just sit and watch this happening for hours and hours and never get tired of it. There is something so special about seeing the bond between him and the kids.
Well, there is so much more I want to say but I have run out of time for now. It is time to start our day....but, more to come later.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

(pretends to wipe tear) mama ima cry lol jk that was sweet and just to make you happy i will snuggle with you and papa more often
love ya
KRisten