Friday, April 27, 2007

Hearing God Speak in the Little Things...



I was searching for some music online this morning and came across this song by Third Day. I have heard the song before but never really "listened" to the words. This morning I listened and it just spoke to me. It is funny how we can hear a song forever and then one day it just stands out in a special way. I like to think of it as one of God's special ways of speaking to us, or giving us a message just when we need it. When I listened to this today, it brought tears to my eyes. This song describes just how I have been feeling the past little while. Hearing this, this morning, was a reminder to me of where I need to be. God has NEVER left my side, even though I was pretending He wasn't there, He was right there waiting for me . He never promised us a life that was easy and without pain, suffering and heartbreak but He DID promise that He would never leave us, never forsake us. What an awesome God we serve!! His grace is amazing, His love for us is amazing. I feel like I can not even begin to put His greatness into words. I am so thankful that I have the hope and comfort He gives and can lay all my worries and problems at His feet and know that He is in control and only through Him, can I get through whatever my journey brings.
Mountain of God
Thought that I was all alone
Broken and afraid
But You were there with me
Yes, You were there with me

And I didn’t even know
That I had lost my way
But You were there with me
Yes, You were there with me

‘Til You opened up my eyes
I never knew
That I couldn’t ever make it
Without You

Even though the journey’s long
And I know the road is hard
Well, the One who’s gone before me
He will help me carry on
After all that I’ve been through
Now I realize the truth
That I must go through the valley
To stand upon the mountain of God

As I travel on the road
That You have lead me down
You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me
I have need for nothing more
Oh, now that I have found
That You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me

I confess from time to time
I lose my way
But You are always there
To bring me back again

Sometimes I think of where it is I’ve come from
And the things I’ve left behind
But of all I’ve had, what I possessed
Nothing can quite compare
With what’s in front of me
With what’s in front of me

No comments: