Monday, April 16, 2007

I love the stars.......

Yes, I love stars.....not in the nursery rhyme way but in my own special little way. Most people who know me know that the star is a sort of symbol of my marriage and therfore holds a very special meaning in my life. (I mean it must be something special for me to have gotten a tattoo of a star right?!) Anyway......so today just wasn't the best day. Nothing really bad happened, I mean it was pretty much a normal day around here, I have just been in a stressed, feeling down, blah kind of mood. I know maybe it is petty and things could be so so much worse, so many people are dealing with really huge issues so I shouldn't complain. I know we all have days like that though.
OK, back to the stars......I just laid Ian down for the night and was just going to go crawl into my bed and pray tomorrow is a brighter day. I went into the kitchen to do my nightly routine of closing the garage door , locking the doors and getting the coffee pot set for the morning. The garage door woke Maggie ( my puppy) up who was sleeping in her kennel. Of course, this meant I had to go back outside with her one more time. Well, isn't it funny how God works sometimes.......here I was prepared to go to bed....feeling down and dark, planning to just fall asleep wallowing in my self pitty and gloomness........and what is the first thing that catches my eye when I walked out the door, yep, you guessed it! STARS!! The stars just seemed to be extra bright when I went out the door and oh so beautiful! It just made me think, that even in the darkness of the night, God was there! He was right there!! Just like He always has been and always will be, shining His light, giving me His hope, His peace and His comfort, just when I needed to be reminded of it the most. HE is so amazing!! Seeing those stars shining just lifted my heart and let me know that He is in control. No matter how stressing things are, He is right there. He is the constant, the never changing, the one who places the start perfectly in the sky every night.....................HE is in control. How easy it is to let life overwhelm me, but in the darkness, He renews my spirit and gives me peace like nothing else can. It was like, He placed those stars in the sky JUST for me tonight. Praise the LORD, for He is good!!
Now, I am going to bed and instead of worrying about the little things, my last thoughts for the day will be focused on the Lord and His unchanging and unwavering love. I know tomorrow will be okay because HE is Lord!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did it ever occur to you that you could write devotionals? You are very good at putting your thoughts on paper. In fact I'd say you are talented.
Continue to look for the good;sometimes it hides so we'll have to look for it because we all take our blessings for granted.
Thanks for sharing. I love you. Julie

Kristen said...

Am i done reading yet????? ok you made me read all the blogs i haven lol jk well you should thanks maggie than for you havin to take her outside if it wasn't for her than you wouldn't have seen the stars
love you lots and lots and lots and lots
Kristen

Alice C. said...

All I can say is that David must have had a similar experience when he wrote Psalm 19. Check it out.
Love, Alice